Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Motorola Solutions (MSI): MSI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Arrow Electronics (ARW): ARW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mettler-Toledo International (MTD): MTD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Synnex Corp (SNX): SNX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Esco Technologies Inc (ESE): ESE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Harris Corp (HRS): HRS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Rockwell Automation Inc (ROK): ROK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Guidewire Software Inc. Common (GWRE): GWRE stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Solarwinds Inc (SWI): SWI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Enersys Inc (ENS): ENS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hill-Rom Holdings Inc (HRC): HRC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Plantronics (PLT): PLT stock is down 0.5% today.
- ADT Corp (ADT): ADT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Computer Sciences Corp (CSC): CSC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ): HPQ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Trina Solar Limited (TSL): TSL stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.