Transportation stocks finished up 1.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS): RRTS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP): CPLP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 0.3% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.