Transportation stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 5.9% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 6.1% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.2% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 1.2% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.3% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.