Transportation stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 1.1% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is down 3.4% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 1.4% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 1.3% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.1% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.