Utilities stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.0%, the Nasdaq was up 1.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.8% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.