Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.0% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.2% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.