Utilities stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.1% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.1% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.1% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.