Utilities stocks finished down 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.9% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 2.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.3% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.9% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.