Utilities stocks finished down 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.9% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 2.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.3% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.9% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.