Utilities stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.4% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 1.3% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.3% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.