Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 0.4% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.3% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.