Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.8% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 3.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.