Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.8% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 3.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.