Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 4.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 3.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.6% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 0.9% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.1% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.