Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 0.8% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 0.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 5.3% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 5.6% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 4.1% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.4% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 3.7% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 3.3% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 3.0% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.