Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.3% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 0.6% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 0.4% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 0.4% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 2.6% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.7% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.