Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.3% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 0.6% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 0.4% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 0.4% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 2.6% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.8% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.7% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.