Basic materials stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.2% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 0.9% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 2.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.