Basic materials stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.7% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.