Basic materials stocks finished down 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 0.3% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 0.2% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 0.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 3.0% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 1.4% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.