Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 0.4% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 0.3% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.3% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 4.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.7% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 3.6% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 3.0% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.6% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.0% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 2.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.