Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq declined 0.7% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 2.1% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 2.0% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.4% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.