Basic materials stocks declined 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 0.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is up 0.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 4.2% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 3.4% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 2.7% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.