Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 2.0% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 1.2% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 5.0% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.0% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 1.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 1.0% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.