Basic materials stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 9.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 3.3% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 79.7% today and down 80.1% in the last month.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 8.7% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 1.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.