Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 4.3% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 1.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.0% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.5% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.