Basic materials stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 3.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 2.6% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 0.6% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is down 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 0.4% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 0.3% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.