Capital goods stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 0.7% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 0.3% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 0.2% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is up 0.2% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 0.2% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Standex International Corp (SXI): SXI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.