Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq declined 0.7% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is up 1.3% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): LEG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Snap-On Inc (SNA): SNA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Paccar Inc (PCAR): PCAR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK): SWK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is up 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is down 0.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Autoliv Inc (ALV): ALV stock is down 0.3% today.
- Visteon Corp (VC): VC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ford Motor Company (F): F stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.