Consumer cyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Clarcor Inc (CLC): CLC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Visteon Corp (VC): VC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHA): RUSHA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Delphi Automotive Plc (DLPH): DLPH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Steelcase Inc (SCS): SCS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Knoll Inc (KNL): KNL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Shanda Games Limited (GAME): GAME stock is down 0.1% today.
- Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): LEG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.