Energy stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 5.1% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 4.3% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 3.8% today and up 23.8% in the last month.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 3.3% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 0.4% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 0.2% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is down 0.1% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.