Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 0.8% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 0.4% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 4.0% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 2.3% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.