Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.4%, the Nasdaq was down 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 0.2% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 9.0% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 5.4% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 5.3% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is down 5.3% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 5.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 5.2% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 4.9% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 4.8% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 4.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 4.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.