Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.4%, the Nasdaq was down 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 0.2% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 9.0% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 5.4% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 5.3% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is down 5.3% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 5.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 5.2% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 4.9% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 4.8% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 4.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 4.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.