Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is up 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 0.2% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 2.8% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 2.4% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 2.0% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.