Financial stocks finished up 1.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 2.6% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 2.3% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.1% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is up 2.0% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cohen & Steers Infrastructure Fund (UTF): UTF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Marsh & Mclennan Companies (MMC): MMC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 0.4% today.
- W.R. Berkley Corp (WRB): WRB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Liberty All-Star Equity Fund (USA): USA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Allstate Corp (ALL): ALL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Franklin Resources (BEN): BEN stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.