Financial stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is up 4.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Assurant Inc (AIZ): AIZ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 1.5% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cit Group Inc [Del] (CIT): CIT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 0.4% today on 12 times normal volume.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.