Financial stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 4.2% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 2.8% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 3.6% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 3.6% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 3.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.