Financial stocks finished down 1.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.4%, the Nasdaq was down 1.5% and the S&P 500 declined 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 1.0% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is up 0.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 0.2% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 23.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 19.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 16.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 16.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 7.5% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 6.4% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 6.2% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 6.2% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 5.5% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 5.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.