Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is up 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 2.0% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 0.9% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is down 0.8% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.