Financial stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.4% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 1.3% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 20.4% today.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cohen & Steers Infrastructure Fund (UTF): UTF stock is down 1.1% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.