Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.9% today.
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is up 2.8% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bancfirst Corp (BANF): BANF stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.