Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.9% today.
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is up 2.8% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bancfirst Corp (BANF): BANF stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.