Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 5.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 0.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 0.3% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 5.0% today.
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX): BCRX stock is down 3.6% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 3.6% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 2.3% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.