Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 4.2% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 4.1% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.