Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 3.7% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.