Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is up 5.5% today.
- Group 1 Automotive (GPI): GPI stock is up 5.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is up 4.7% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is up 4.6% today.
- Urban Outfitters (URBN): URBN stock is up 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 3.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is up 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ingles Markets Inc (IMKTA): IMKTA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Churchill Downs Inc (CHDN): CHDN stock is up 3.4% today.
- Viacom Inc Cl B (VIAB): VIAB stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is down 2.9% today.
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is down 2.4% today.
- General Growth Properties (GGP): GGP stock is down 2.4% today.
- United Dominion Realty Trust (UDR): UDR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Essex Property Trust (ESS): ESS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Apartment Investment and Management (AIV): AIV stock is down 2.2% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Liberty Global (LBTYA): LBTYA stock is down 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA): MAA stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.