Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Vonage Holdings (VG): VG stock is up 5.0% today.
- Irsa Inversiones Y Representaciones S.A. (IRS): IRS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is up 3.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings (CNSL): CNSL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Priceline.Com Inc (PCLN): PCLN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Macy’s Inc (M): M stock is up 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Rovi Corp (ROVI): ROVI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Iesi-Bfc Ltd (BIN): BIN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is down 2.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Douglas Emmett (DEI): DEI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH): SNH stock is down 2.1% today.
- Equifax Inc (EFX): EFX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Caseys General Stores (CASY): CASY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Avalonbay Communities (AVB): AVB stock is down 1.7% today.
- Education Realty Trust Inc (EDR): EDR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Rayonier Inc. REIT (RYN): RYN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.