Transportation stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS): RRTS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 1.5% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 0.8% today.
- Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP): CPLP stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 0.4% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.