Utilities stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.5% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.5% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.6% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.