Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 0.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.6% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 0.6% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.4% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.