Utilities stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 1.1% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.7% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.