Utilities stocks finished down 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.1% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.1% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 1.3% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.8% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.