Utilities stocks finished down 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.1% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.1% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 1.3% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.8% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.