Utilities stocks advanced 0.9% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 6.7% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 4.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 3.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 0.6% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.