Utilities stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.